Wednesday, November 08, 2006

fair dinkum

While I post photos and photos of Perth when I talk about home places like Meekatharra (via Tinear via a long route) are as much a part of "my Australia". There's even some geos!! Faces like these fill my memory from being too long in the bush- these are the people outside or in the stores, servos and pubs I've walked into, tin or fibro houses like these I've stayed in from time to time with gardens in name only of rocks and dust. Stretching behind the town an endless plain of nothing under a wide blue cloudless sky, crossed by hot dusty roads empty or filled by bloody big things. An environment which looks so familiar but now seems alien from a green and muddy Portugal. One I find hard to explain to those in Europe, and at times those in Perth, which is the reason for posting this (its not homesickness, don't worry!!).

Guys like
Billy the flight instructor are also part of my Australia. Top blokes. Just ask them.

No comments: