Thursday, May 10, 2007

Wanted: 1, 2, 9, 10 and 15

Yesterday I had my 6-monthly phone call from the President of the local rugby club. He rings before every pre-season, and usually once more during the season, just in case I've hired the All Black front row or a couple of fringe Wallaby backs and not told him. We chat for 10 minutes or so about this and that - how the clubs going, progress on the new rugby ground which is being built, how exploration is going, whether I should go down for a run (since I've only ever played touch I'm not considered as a recruit). And then with a promise that I should go to training for a beer or we should meet for lunch we hang up, until the next time.

So if there are any front rowers out there, a pair of halves to replace those out with injury or a full-back "who can really defend, tackle hard" and you're willing to move to Montemor then you've got a game. You just need a job, a house and a language course.

No comments: